Saturday, December 12, 2015

Shoes Masking Tape (FINAL)





ARTIST'S STATEMENT: I chose to construct Converse high-top sneakers due to their unique shape. The depth and height of the sneakers were a challenge to construct; attempting to fit the large pieces to mold around the sole of the shoe to simulate the patterns of the actual model was a challenge. The tape was very flexible and easy to model to the necessary components of the shoe with However, it was also easily dirtied, and the rough edges of the masking tape often made it hard to simulate a smooth fabric or rubber surface. A prevalent lesson I took away from this project was that of organization and precision; I needed to be very careful to what I exposed the tape to in the environment I worked in and how I handled it, or else it would come out looking messy and unprofessional.

Overall, this was a great learning experience. I discovered how to look at an object from multiple perspectives as I saw them instead of how I perceived it traditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment